- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 oz milk chocolate, chopped (I use two 4 oz bars)
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking pan or something roughly of that size…I use a 10 x 7… and line with a strip of parchment, allowing edges to hang over opposite sides.
2. For the chocolate chip cookie layer, beat together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla; beat until fluffy. Stir in the flour, salt and baking soda, then add chocolate chips. Press dough into the bottom of the pan. Top with a single layer of Oreos. (In my 10 x 7 pan, I get 3 rows of 5 Oreos)
3. To make brownie batter, melt together butter and chocolate and cool slightly. Stir in brown sugar, vanilla and eggs until smooth. Add flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and stir until batter is smooth and glossy. Pour over Oreos in the pan.
4. Top brownie layer with extra crumbled Oreos. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean, 60 to 65 min. Allow to cool, then run a spatula around edges to loosen from pan. Use the parchment overhang to lift brownies out of the pan; slice and serve.